Saturday, July 01, 2006

First Post Ever!

First Post.

I have set up an email list to keep friends and family posted on my peace corps adventure. This was the email i sent out May 22nd. If you would like to be on this list please let me know. I will however try and update this blog with the emails. It will be a uncoordinated effort between my email, blog and handwritten journal, im not really sure who will win but i am taking bets. (You can comment with your predictions)

Hi Everyone,
As the title suggests I finally received my Peace Corps invitation. I was nominated to Francophone West Africa more specifically the country of Benin.
My job title would be Community Natural resource Advisor and i could be "focusing on projects related to agroforestry, wildlife protection, or a more general assessment involving environmental education."
The orientation training starts July 18-20th, then off for in-country training. The last day of service would be Sept 21st 2008. Looks like this thing is really happening. Depending on my post I might have more or less access to Internet (not to mention electricity and or running water). I will send out my mailing address as soon as I get it.

If you would like to read more about the country of Benin these are two good sites to check out:
CIA Factbook: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/bn.html
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin

Take Care,
Michael.

No comments: